hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Buttler, David" <buttl...@llnl.gov>
Subject RE: failure on example connecting
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 16:25:18 GMT
Anytime I see 127.0.0.1 in a log message I think you haven't configured something correctly.

Since you are running in distributed mode you need to see all of the following processes
Namenode
Jobtracker
Data node
Task tracker
HMaster (HBase)
Region server (HBase)
Quorum Peer (zookeeper)

Since you say you have two nodes and one of them is a pure slave, the slave node should only
need a data node, a tasktracker, and a region server.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Hiller, Dean (Contractor) [mailto:dean.hiller@broadridge.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 7:28 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: failure on example connecting

When I start dfs, mapred, and hbase from my one node, all works
fine(with 2 ips in the slaves..itself and another) and I see the
datanode process start on the other node when doing all that.  (Is hbase
supposed to start anything on the remote nodes or does it just run on a
single node? As mine only runs on the single node right now).

When I start dfs on node 1 and then mapred on node 2(is that even a good
idea?), when I start up the performance example it fails with

10/12/08 01:12:20 INFO ipc.HbaseRPC: Server at /127.0.0.1:38872 could
not be rea

ched after 1 tries, giving up.

I am not sure what is going on since I still run hbase on that node.  I
am quite a bit confused here.

Thanks,

Dean

attachments from your system.