hbase-user mailing list archives

From Zhou Shuaifeng <zhoushuaif...@huawei.com>
Subject Re all regionserver shutdown after close hdfs datanode
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 11:27:06 GMT
Hi jiajun,

My Hadoop version is 0.20.1, r1.0. May be the problem is exactly what you said. I will check
the HDFS-630 and apply the patches.

Thanks a lot.

Zhou Shuaifeng(Frank)
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD.  huawei_logo

recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
by

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: 陈加俊 [mailto:cjjvictory@gmail.com]
发送时间: 2010年12月20日 12:35
收件人: user@hbase.apache.org
主题: Re: all regionserver shutdown after close hdfs datanode

Hi Shuaifeng

What about your hdfs's version?

Mybe this can solve this problem:

This is the current list of patches we recommend you apply to your running
Hadoop cluster:

   - HDFS-630: *"In DFSOutputStream.nextBlockOutputStream(), the client can
   exclude specific datanodes when locating the next
block"*<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-630>.
   Dead DataNodes take ten minutes to timeout at NameNode. In the meantime the
   NameNode can still send DFSClients to the dead DataNode as host for a
   replicated block. DFSClient can get stuck on trying to get block from a dead
   node. This patch allows DFSClients pass NameNode lists of known dead
   DataNodes.

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Zhou Shuaifeng
<zhoushuaifeng@huawei.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have a cluster of 8  hdfs datanodes and 8 hbase regionservers. When I
> shutdown one node(a pc with one datanode and one regionserver running), all
> hbase regionservers shutdown after a while.
>
> Other 7 hdfs datanodes is OK.
>

> I think it's not reasionable. Hbase is a distribute system that should
> tolerance some nodes abnormal. So, what's the matter? Is there any
> configure
> that can solve this problem or is a bug?
>

> Thanks and best Regards.
>

> Zhou

> HUAWEI, which
> is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above.
> Any
> use of the
> information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to,
> total or partial
> disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the
> intended
> recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
> notify the sender by

Thanks & Best regards
jiajun