hbase-user mailing list archives

From Hari Sreekumar <hsreeku...@clickable.com>
Subject Re: Restoring table from HFiles
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 16:58:00 GMT
Okay.. so add_table can be run even if there is an existing table by the
same name on the new DFS? Can you give me a basic idea of how add_table
works/what it really does inside? I am basically interested in dumping
processed HBase data into backup servers instead of dumping raw data. That
would save me a lot of space and headache in the event of a system crash
etc. Is add_table reliable for this?

thanks,
hari