hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: which HBase version to use?
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 09:24:30 GMT
I have to recommend ASF 0.90, which is in release candidate mode right
now.  You'll want to run it on top of CDH3 b2 or b3, but that is up to
you to decide.  The hbase team here at Stumbleupon has more time in on
b2.

-ryan

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 1:19 AM, Friso van Vollenhoven
<fvanvollenhoven@xebia.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have the opportunity to reinstall a cluster form scratch. I use Hadoop and HBase (not
yet any of the other tools, like Pig, Hive, Avro, Thrift, etc.). Now, I wonder what versions
to use. CDH3 is nice, because it comes with RPMs out of the box, so the operations people
now what to do with it (of course, we can build our own for versions that don't have RPMs).
It does appear, however, that CDH is mostly focused on a very good Hadoop / HDFS / MR version
and you're better of with the ASF HBase release right now. And there is also the version that
SU provides on githug, which has the advantage of being heavily used in a production environment
by people who know what they're doing.