hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unexpected shell behavior -- changing one column family attribute resets the others to the default
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 23:02:26 GMT
Fixed in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2984

J-D

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Buttler, David <buttler1@llnl.gov> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I decided I didn't need to keep around extra versions for one of my tables, so I went
in to the shell and changed the VERSION attribute for the column families to 1.  I described
the table and noticed that it was no longer using compression.  So I changed the compression
attribute, and now the version attribute is back to 3.  This seems counter-intuitive to me:
 if I specify only one attribute to change in a table, I expect that the rest of the attributes
to be unchanged and not to revert to default.