hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: DemoClient.cpp modifications and question about thrift client / HBase 0.89.20100924
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 23:33:34 GMT
On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 12:04 AM, Saptarshi Guha
<saptarshi.guha@gmail.com> wrote:
> 0) The DemoClient.cpp (versions, see [a]) does not compile on FC8 with
> thrift 0.5.
> I modified DemoClient.cpp to make it work. I've attached a diff. (Compiles
> on OS
> X Snow Leopard and FC 8 (EC2 instance))
> [a]
> HBase Change Log
> Release 0.89.20100924 - Fri Sep 24 13:51:36 PDT 2010

Sorry. Your attachment did not come across (I believe this list strips
attachments).  Would you mind posting to an issue?

> 1) Question about Hbase Thrift api:
> From Hbase.thrift, the scannerGet returns a list of TRowResult but the
> description says it returns the /current/ row - are these the versions of
> the
> row?  If so, having tested DemoClient.cpp, for each scannerGet the result is
> of
> length 1 (the latest version).
> So why an array of TRowResult as opposed to just TRowResult ?

Yes.  That seems a little silly.

Our thrift has been redone.  We should be committing HBASE-3117 to
TRUNK soon.  Hopefully that makes a little more sense than old API.

St.Ack