hbase-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Ruchovets <oruchov...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase insertion process cause to region server down.
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 15:52:10 GMT
Hi ,

I run map/reduce job which from reducers writes to hbase. I have to write
8-9 million raws.

  My environment:
  5 servers dual core , 8G ram.
  HDFS -- 9TB

  hadoop has 1000 heap_size ,
  hbase has 2000 heap_size
  zookeeper has 1000 heap_size
  20 map / 16 reducers while running the job

Allmost all the time get such exception

   org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException: Region URLs_sanity,
20101106_www.homemade-chinese-soups.com/conch-soup.html,1289163460337 closed
   at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.obtainRowLock(HRegion.java:1607)
   at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.getLock(HRegion.java:1671)
   at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.get(HRegion.java:2380)
   at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.get(HRegionServer.java:1731)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at
   at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC$Server.call(HBaseRPC.java:657)
   at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:915)

Thanks in advance.