hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase as a versioned key/value store
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 04:52:24 GMT
On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 4:06 AM, Wojciech Langiewicz
<wlangiewicz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't notice any improvement after changing option
> hfile.block.cache.size, I don't know if this i relevant, but in my testing
> job I do at most only one Get per row (before querying HBase I do DISTINCT).
>
> Stats from cache reads are here: http://pastebin.com/BmmL09dK
> This is after restarting servers, and during running first job.

How many reads did you do?  I see the cache hit ratio climbing as your
test progresses.  Run it for longer?  What kinda latency are you
seeing?

Coming out of cache you should be seeing < 5ms or so?

How are you accessing HBase (The DISTINCT above makes me wonder).

Thanks,
St.Ack