hbase-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: which HBase version to use?
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 01:30:21 GMT
On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:

> > On Mon, 11/22/10, Todd Lipcon <todd@cloudera.com> wrote:
> > Once 0.90 is released, we plan on spending a week or two to suss
> > out any possible integration issues, and then release CDH3b4
> > including 0.90.
>
> I'm sure that will make everyone happy. :-) Glad to hear the projected time
> between releases will be short. That was my concern.

Yes, a reasonably stable HBase 0.90 is one of the primary gating functions
for the next beta. The qualification of "reasonably stable" is sometimes
hard to quantify, but in general my rubric has been to run a small test
cluster under heavy load for 24+ hours with a configuration that stresses
splits, compactions, and flushes, and occasionally kill -9 one of the nodes.

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera