hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gayatri Rao <rgayat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie question
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 06:44:02 GMT
Hi All,

Thank you for the feedback. So to summarize, HBase is doing good for high
reads, writes. Update is really writing a new version of the data. So
updating is okay but Handling deletes is not possible in the current version
of the data unless a new version of the data is written down.

Also, I was reading some documentation to figure out if there is a way to
store and get column values in a sorted manner.
I understand It is possible to do range queries on key (as the key is sorted
and stored) but it looks like its not straight forward to do the same on the
columns values. For example I have a set of column values with a name and a
score and for a given key and i want to retrieve the column names for a
given key sorted by the score. From my understanding so far, this has to be
handled at the application end. Please let me know if I am missing something
here.

Thanks,
Gayatri