hbase-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Einspanjer <deinspan...@mozilla.com>
Subject Re: Where do you get your hardware?
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2010 08:27:58 GMT
I set up a googledocs spreadsheet a while back and shared it on this
list that specifically broke down the costs associated with doing
SuperMicro 2 node 2U or 4 node 2U servers.  The problem with the 2.5
inch drives is that you can't get a large drive that is enterprise class
(important for vibration in this case) without totally blowing the price
curve out.

We've built clusters using both HP and SuperMicro hardware from iX Systems.

-Daniel