hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Buttler, David" <buttl...@llnl.gov>
Subject Unexpected shell behavior -- changing one column family attribute resets the others to the default
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 22:57:28 GMT
Hi all,
I decided I didn't need to keep around extra versions for one of my tables, so I went in to
the shell and changed the VERSION attribute for the column families to 1.  I described the
table and noticed that it was no longer using compression.  So I changed the compression attribute,
and now the version attribute is back to 3.  This seems counter-intuitive to me:  if I specify
only one attribute to change in a table, I expect that the rest of the attributes to be unchanged
and not to revert to default.

Dave
Version: CDH3 beta 3