hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: HBase not scaling well
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:03:07 GMT

I'd actually take a step back and ask what Hari is trying to do?

Its difficult to figure out what the problem is when the OP says I've got code that works
on individual psuedo mode, but not in an actual cluster.
It would be nice to know version(s), configuration... 3 nodes... are they running ZK on the
same machines that they are running Region Servers... Are they swapping? 8GB of memory can
disappear quickly...

Lots of questions...

> From: clehene@adobe.com
> To: user@hbase.apache.org
> Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 09:05:28 +0100
> Subject: Re: HBase not scaling well
>
> Hi Hari,
>
> Could you do some realtime monitoring (htop, iptraf, iostat) and report the results?
Also you could add some timers to the map-reduce operations: measure average operations times
to figure out what's taking so long.