hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: memstore to blockcache
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 15:31:02 GMT
Not currently.

Blockcache is made of blocks pulled from HDFS.  It'd be a little
awkward inserting hot records into the block cache w/o going via HDFS.

But, yes, you have a good point that flush is disruptive of hot records.

In the past we talked of a keyvalue cache on top of the block cache
but it fell out of favor because block cache seemed to be good enough
but sounds like we need to revive it or do some fancy dancing if
column family is marked in-memory, we keep around the snapshot of
memstore until we know the block cache has been populated?

Any other suggestions?

File an issue.  We need to come up w/ a fix for this case.

Thanks for writing the list,
St.Ack