hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Hbase thrift interface and non ascii characters
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 23:23:05 GMT
I asked our thrift expert Bryan and he thinks it could be because of
old python bindings:

"I think the summary is that you want to use a more recent version of
Python Thrift and generate your clientside with the "utf8strings"
option. This causes strings to be utf8-encoded and -decoded when
communicating with servers."

St.Ack