hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about base64
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 21:39:12 GMT
Hi,

Right now the regionserver does not do any interpretation of the data
sent to it.  The only "exception" is that we lexographically sort the
rows, families and qualifiers, using a byte-by-byte comparison.

Are you looking to send to the regionserver base64 and have it stored
as raw/binary?  Or to decode base64 into raw/binary on the way out?
The rest server might be a better place for this logic to live.