hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gary Helmling <ghelml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I setup authentication/permissions for an hbase database?
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 17:46:39 GMT
> > Is a security feature available that I am not aware of? if not? what is
> the
> > point to create a database that can be edited/deleted by anonymous users?
> >

> Thats the way it currently works.
>
> Access control should be here soon though.  See HBASE-3025
>
> St.Ack

There is now an initial patch posted for basic access control at HBASE-3025:

Note that it's not complete, but works for basic read/write permissions.
It's meant to serve as a basis for discussion, both on what's there now and
future direction.  So if you have specific needs or things you want to see,
please join in.

Also, look for a blog post in the next few days at
http://hbaseblog.orgdescribing the changes.

--gh