hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Question regarding data location in hdfs after hbase restarts
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 18:26:36 GMT
When you write HDFS, you write N replicas.  By default, the first
replica is written to the local datanode.  Reading, the DFSClient will
try to read from the most local replica first.

Compactions read from multiple files and write out a single merged
file.  This newly written files' blocks will all be on the local
datanode unless anomaly.

St.Ack