hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gary Helmling <ghelml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nodes up, Master sees 0 ReigonServers
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 19:20:44 GMT
Hey Bradford,

Disclaimer: I don't know exactly what's in CDH3B3, so this is a bit
uninformed...

Are you using an ASF HBase 0.20.6?  If so, I don't think that'll work with
CDH3B3 Hadoop, since it includes the secure Hadoop changes.  Even without
enabling the security features (hadoop.security.authentication=simple -- the
default), there are still backward incompatible changes to core Hadoop
classes like org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation that will bite
you.  You can't even compile stock HBase against secure Hadoop.

So I think running CDH3B3 Hadoop means you need to run CDH3B3 HBase.
Cloudera folks, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope to work up some patches to allow HBase trunk to work on both secure
Hadoop plus just 0.20-append, but it will take a little work due to the
backward-incompatible changes.

--gh