hbase-user mailing list archives

From William Kang <weliam.cl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parallel computing on HBase
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 04:40:33 GMT
Can you tell me a little about how HBase works with MR? If the MR
source/sink has to go through just ONE region client, then it is not I am
looking for. But if MR can plug directly with the region server containing
specific rows, then it might work. Furthermore, MR is a heavy weight process
with lots of overhead. Ideally, we want something light weight and can get
result fast. Many thanks.

William