hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does HBase need caching layer if it served webpage
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 03:07:24 GMT
HBase has excellent performance, and is suitable for serving webpages.
 We do this at Stumbleupon.  We can get responses out of hbase in
millisecond oriented intervals, and generally things are great.

You will need to adjust all these expectations for your environment -
we run i7 based hardware in our own datacenter.  You can't really get
much better perf for your bucks, and ec2 has substantially lower
performance.

-ryan