hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Whiting <je...@qualtrics.com>
Subject Re: Sanity date time check when a region server joins the cluster
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 17:58:05 GMT
Created HBASE-3168 for this issue.  It seems pretty straight forward and I wouldn't mind tackling

this problem.  How much of a skew do we want to allow between the RS and the rest of the cluster?

~Jeff

On 10/28/2010 12:08 PM, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> I was discussing this exact issue this morning.  Ran into a problem where master was
timing out a region in transition because the RS was 5 minutes behind the master.

> I like the idea of the RS sending it's timestamp on startup and if it is outside a certain
threshold, the master throws it a ClockOutOfSync-like exception and the RS goes down.