hbase-user mailing list archives

From a...@jalilweb.com
Subject RE: How do I setup authentication/permissions for an hbase database?
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 19:05:44 GMT
thank you all for the pointers,

I didn't know EC2 allows you to choose a set of IP addresses as an
exception for access.

I checked the ec2 security groups, and now understand how I could
build a secure system around hbase.

I'll have to implement a permissions/authentications layer around
hbase for single column/table access to certain users. It would have
been nice if that layer was there, but I understand that it is a big
task.

Many thanks.