hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pete Tyler <peteralanty...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Client hanging 20 seconds after job's over (WAS: Re: Can I run HBase 0.20.6 on Hadoop 0.21?)
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 02:33:53 GMT
Oops .... Sorry, hit send by mistake.

The stack is pretty large and as the job tracker webui shows cleanup completes about 1 sec
before the client finishes this does not look like a client issue. Is that a reasonable assumption?

The jobtracker webui shows map takes 2 secs but reduce from 9 to 12 secs.

0 secs: client submits job
+0 secs: jobtracker web ui shows job started
+6 secs: web ui shows map started
+9 secs: web ui shows map complete
+9 secs: web ui shows reduce started
+21 secs: web ui shows reduce complete
+24 secs: web ui shows job cleanup successful

If I change the map class so that it passes on zero records to the reduce, ie reduce input
records = 0, the reduce step still takes 9 seconds.