hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jinsong Hu" <jinsong...@hotmail.com>
Subject what is the unit of the TTL in hbase and how often hbase remove expired regions?
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:51:42 GMT
Hi,
  I want to find out what is the unit for TTL in hbase. I googled around and
found some people say it is microsecond.
and I thought it was millisecond as that is java default. Then I searched
hbase code and saw some test code treating
the unit to be seconds.
  I used a TTL=600000. if the unit is millisecond, then that means 10
minute. However, I continue to insert records into
this table, and found that the regions older than 10 minutes are not
removed.
  The question I have is , what is the unit for TTL. and the second question
is, how often hbase checks all regions and
remove expired regions.

Jimmy