hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Hbase rollback..
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 03:51:09 GMT
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Vidhyashankar Venkataraman
<vidhyash@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Hi
>  Can someone explain (or refer me to a twiki which explains) which versions of Hbase
can be safely rolled back i.e., without any changes to the underlying database and state?

You cannot rollback without cluster restart, not yet anyways.

If you cluster restart, you can go back from latest 0.20 release all
the ways to 0.20.0 I believe.  There were no changes in data format
changes.  You cannot go back beyond 0.20.x to 0.19.x.  Data format
changed between those versions.

Its looking like it might be possible to go back to 0.20.x from 0.89.x
or even 0.90.x its looking like since again no format changes.

Why you asking?
St.Ack