hbase-user mailing list archives

From Matt Corgan <mcor...@hotpads.com>
Subject Re: .META. not found
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 22:08:17 GMT
I had this problem yesterday, which I think was caused by the -ROOT- region
losing it's only row: the one that points to .META.

To fix it i
* stopped the HMaster
* changed it's config file to point to /hbase2 instead of /hbase
* started it so that it would generate a ROOT region in the new directory
* stopped it
* changed back to /hbase
* used 'hadoop dfs cp.... ' to copy ROOT's hdfs directory from /hbase2 to
/hbase
* started HMaster back up

apparently it doesn't care what the content of the ROOT region is on startup