hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Scott <mjscott...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hbase standalone cannot start master, cannot assign requested address at port 60000
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 05:07:15 GMT
Thanks for the continued advice.  I am still confused by the different
behaviors of hadoop and hbase. As I said before, I can't get hbase to work
on any of the ports that hadoop works on, so I guess hadoop and hbase are
using different interfaces.  Why is this, and can't I ask hbase to use the
interface that hadoop uses?  What interfaces are hadoop and hbase using?

Also (and maybe this is the wrong forum for this question), how can I get my
OS to allow me to open 60000 using the IP address?  I have temporarily
disabled selinux and iptables, as I thought that this would simply allow all
port connections. Still, this works just fine:
bash-4.0$ nc -l  60000 > /tmp/nc.out

but this does not:
bash-4.0$ nc -l 97.86.88.18 60000 > /tmp/nc.out
(returns "nc: Cannot assign requested address"; I get the same error for the
hostname instead of the IP address, and for 10.0.0.1, but 10.0.0.0 is
allowed)

I am trying to get hbase running for a socorro server, which will running
locally.  I don't know if that matters.

Thanks,
Michael