hbase-user mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CDH3 has 2 versions of hbase executable, one work, another doesn't
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 23:51:18 GMT
Jimmy.

Many people across the forums seem to be confusing cdh with the
upstream hadoop/hive/hbase projects. In this case the problem is in
the cdh packaging and not in upstream hbase.

The proper place to take up packaging issues is with the packager.
When you are new to software this might be confusing.

To be clear hadoop, hive, and hbase are open source products that come
in a tar.gz. if you notice an issue in the core functionality that
would be appropriate for xxxx-user@apache , but if you are running
into a problem with a derivative package this may not be the place to
get that resolved.