hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Zhang <zjf...@gmail.com>
Subject Is hbase suitable for real time monitoring
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:43:53 GMT
Hi all,
I am looking for suggestion for using hbase for real time motoring,
We have a heavy traffic (around 6 million logs per hour), I look at
the benchmark of hbase, it seems it is near the edge of hbase's
insertion performance. And I meet some problem when doing heavy
insertion operation ( demonstrate in my another mail). Another problem
I worried about is that over time the records in hbase will be so
large in my case, and hbase do not support deletion by range, so I am
not sure what will happen when my system run over a long time and
there's billions records.   Could anyone share experience on using
hbase for real monitering ? I look at the power-by wiki page, seems
serveral companies are suing hbase for real time monitering, such as
twitter. It is very helpful if someone can give some suggestions.
Thanks

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang