hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase table lost on upgrade
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2010 19:11:23 GMT
On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Sharma, Avani <agsharma@ebay.com> wrote:

> I also have the Java Api code (for testing purposes) and that gave similar performance
results (520 seconds on dev and 250 on production cluster). Is there a way to flush the cache
before we run the next experiment? I doubt that the first lookup always takes longer and then
the later ones perform better.

~2k/second into a six node cluster?  I'd say your perf is slow because
you've so little data.  Could that be it?  You are talking 500k rows
and 2G total data.  Go up a couple of orders of magnitude.   Add
500Million rows.  See what perf. is like then?

> I need something that can integrate with C++ - libcurl and stargate were the easiest
to start with. I could look at thrift or anything else the Hbase gurus think might be a better
fit performance-wise.

You could also try thrift and c++

St.Ack