hbase-user mailing list archives

From baggio liu <baggi...@gmail.com>
Subject too slower in loadStoreFile
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2010 07:10:39 GMT
Hi HBaser,
   We meet aproblem when we use HBase. Our environment is HBase 0.20.6 +
Hadoop (CDH3b2).  5 region server and 5 datanode with 2193  region and
 48.95 TB data in HDFS.
   And our client is put 5 column family and 5 qualifier in one row, and
commit  to HBase every 500 rows.
   We start 8 clients in one machine (have 6 machines, totally we have 48
clients)
   When batch put , we found cost of loadFileInfo became more and more after
spliting region , from several ms to tens of seconds, even several minutes.
At last, it'll cause error like below.

*org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.NoServerForRegionException: No server
address listed in .META. for region *

  BTW: After profiling,  we found performance waste in readIndex.  (mainly
in a loop sequencly read byte array from HDFS.  ) As putting, readIndex
become more slowly.

Has any body meet similar issue ??  And help me to explain why read HDFS
become slowly.

Thanks & Best regards
LiuJinglong