hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: anybody running ycsb?
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2010 20:38:25 GMT
hey,

there are a lot of settings which all affect speed, you might want to
make sure you are running the exact config the paper is. for example
"readallfields".. if you have a wide column setting it to 'true' will
go much slower (since you are returning a lot more data) than if you
set it to false.  Also there are known bottlenecks in our HTable
client, which exist to reduce the # of socket connections, but you can
get higher performance with multiple VMs, although that is more
complex.

Also dont forget hardware.. .make sure your HW is the same as the papers.

Good luck!
-ryan