hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems starting hbase in standalone mode
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 17:11:20 GMT
Even in standalone it does need ZK's functionality, so the master runs
it inside its JVM (same for the region server). In your case it seems
like port 2181 is already taken by something else. Either change the
other service's port, or set hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort to
2182 in conf/hbase-site.xml

J-D