hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Help : region server jvm core
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2010 04:43:08 GMT
On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 9:32 PM, baggio liu <baggioss@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi HBaser,
>    we meet a problem when a meta region down then another region server load
> region. a region server core.

It core dumps?

>    out machine enviroment:
>     8 cores CPU, 48G memory, 12 1T disks
>    our region server heap size : 36000
>    jdk
>        java version "1.6.0_07"

This is an old JVM.  A lot of bugs have been fixed since this version
was released.  Can you update?  Especially given you have so many
cores and a bunch of RAM.

>        Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_07-b06)
>        Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode)
>    our jvm parameter like below:
> -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection
> -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=0 -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled
> -XX:-CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=70
> -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=0 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=7

This looks like an interesting configuration.  How did you arrive at
it (especially max tenuring threshold = 7 and
cmsfulgcsbeforecompaction).

And I attach hs_err.log
>     Has anyone met this issue ??
>     or If I can get your jdk version and cluster environment is more
> pleasure.

At SU we run u14.  u18 is generally regarded as bad.  u20 may have
issues.  u21, the latest, purportedly has some improved heuristics to
help w/ heap fragmentation.

Try updating the jvm first.

St.Ack