hbase-user mailing list archives

From tsuna <tsuna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase read performance with increasing number of client threads
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 06:10:48 GMT
On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 1:48 PM, MauMau <maumau307@gmail.com> wrote:
> From: "tsuna" <tsunanet@gmail.com>
>> In my recent loadtests on my HBase-heavy application (be it with
>> HBase's traditional client or with asynchbase) I've always been CPU
>> bound (except sometimes HBase's traditional client incurs too much
>> lock contention to really max out the CPU cores, but this is entirely
>> unrelated to the code you're quoting above).
>
> Thank you for sharing your precious experience and knowledge. I understood.
> I'm relieved to know that many threads in one HBase client process can max
> out CPUs in most cases. I'm sorry to have interrupted discussion.

Note that HBase clients aren't always CPU-bound, but all my recent
loadtests for my application are.  Some clients can be network-bound,
but for those clients adding more connections won't buy you anything
if the NIC is already maxed out.  Your mileage will vary wildly
depending on how you use HBase.

--
Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure
Software Engineer @ www.StumbleUpon.com