hbase-user mailing list archives

From Venkatesh <vramanatha...@aol.com>
Subject Re: stop-hbase.sh takes forever (never stops)
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 22:13:15 GMT

 Don't know if this helps..but here are couple of reasons when I had the issue & how i
resolved it
-> If zookeeper is not running (or do not have the quorum) in a cluster setup, hbase does
not go down..bring up zookeeper
-> Make sure pid file is not under /tmp...somtimes files get cleaned out of tmp..Change
*env.sh to point to diff dir.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jian Lu <jlu@local.com>
To: user@hbase.apache.org <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Tue, Sep 7, 2010 5:44 pm
Subject: stop-hbase.sh takes forever (never stops)

Hi, could someone please tell me why stop-hbase.sh takes more than 24 hrs and
still running?  I was able to started / stopped hbase in the past two months.
Now it suddenly stops working.

I am running hbase-0.20.4 with Linux 64-bit CPU / 64-bit operating system.  I
downloaded hbase-0.20.4 and run on a standalone mode (http://hbase.apache.org/docs/current/api/overview-summary.html#overview_description)

Thanks!
Jack.