hbase-user mailing list archives

From Matthew LeMieux <...@mlogiciels.com>
Subject Re: How to make HBase redundant?
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 06:52:34 GMT
It is the default behavior.  However, in my installation it has never succeeded.  So, the regions
never actually get re-assigned.   The result is a cluster in a funky state that needs to be
completely brought down and then started up again in order to recover.

I'm running on a version of HBase that is several weeks old, but I've never seen the cluster
recover from a region server going on previous versions either.   I'm hoping this will be
fixed soon.

You should see the Master making the attempt at the same time the region server goes down
in the logs.    In my case, it complains about this: "java.io.IOException: cannot get log
writer" caused by this "java.io.FileNotFoundException: Parent path is not a directory".

FYI,

Matthew