hbase-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Einspanjer <deinspan...@mozilla.com>
Subject Re: How do people handle the OS disk partition on Hadoop or HBase nodes?
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 23:31:35 GMT
We had another configuration we used at first which had four disks with
the first disk having an extra partition that was quite tiny for the OS.
Two annoying things there:
1. If we lost disk 1, we lost the whole box.
2. RHEL5 tends to put several GB worth of crap on the OS partition such
as unused locale files and the yum cache can easily take up a few
hundred MB.  This means that we are constantly cleaning up yum and
deleting old log files and being generally space constrained on these boxes.

-Daniel