hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jian Lu <...@local.com>
Subject RE: HBase Book 0.89.20100726
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 18:03:52 GMT
Thanks St!  This will keep me busy for a long while.

Jack.

-----Original Message-----
From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stack
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 10:17 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: HBase Book 0.89.20100726

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Jian Lu <jlu@local.com> wrote:
> Thanks! The 'Getting Started" is too simple, "Hadoop: The Definitive Guide" is a bit
obsolete in sample code.

v2 of the Hadoop book has a revamped hbase chapter; hopefully that'll help.

> Look forward to the contents to be filled in 0.90 release, even better, with some sample
codes demonstrating the advanced features. I am still struggling in getting proficient with
MapReduce, Bulk Load, fast performance of full table scan with filters.

On mapreduce, start with the hadoop book if you have it.  Then, for
hbase and mr, there is this doc:

http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.89.20100726/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/package-summary.html#package_description

The bulk load doc is here:

http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.89.20100726/bulk-loads.html

Our filter doc is a little lacking:

http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.89.20100726/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/package-summary.html#package_description

Performance is on wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PerformanceTuning

The above is current state of our doc.

St.Ack
P.S. All URLs above are off the release home page: