hbase-user mailing list archives

From fitman_82 <fed.mon...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase bulk insert vs Hbase scan
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 09:41:42 GMT

Hi guys,
I'm new on Hbase, and I've notice a strange problem during an Hbase filter
scan.
I tried to start one insert process, that insert continually many record
into one table. So, during that, I tried to launch a second process for
querying the DB with a filtered scan. So.....during that, Hbase seems to
stop the insert, the insertion speed is reduced to minimal......near the
stop :-( !

So.......this is a my problem, or a simple function on Hbase?

Another question: What is the difference in using  ImmutableBytesWritable or
not using that for the key?

Thanks in advance!