hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrey Timerbaev <atimerb...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: RegionServer can't recover after a failure
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2010 07:16:11 GMT
> The issue is that the global transaction log table is not created yet. You can
do so simply by calling
> HBaseBackedTransactionLogger.createTable() at the time when you are seeding
the rest of your tables.

> James Kennedy
> Project Manager
> Troove Inc.

Hello James,

Thank you for the comment. Do I understand right, that the createTable() method
should be called before the very first transaction performed? In other words, in
our situation, when region servers report "Region
log has 9 unfinished transactions" and the just created table __GLOBAL_TRX_LOG__
exists, but it's empty, this won't help?

Maybe, just for the moment we can clean the log, where the number of unfinished
transactions is logged? And then maybe RegionServers won't try to recover the
unfinished transactions? Could you kindly suggest, where it is logged?

Thank you,
Andrey