hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew McCall <andrew.mcc...@goroam.net>
Subject Re: Need some clairification
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 06:10:10 GMT

On 19 Aug 2010, at 05:57, Imran M Yousuf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need some clarification on the following issues -
>
> 1. TransactionalTable seems to be present in the current API docs,
> does that mean it will be present in the course of 0.89 and continue
> to 0.90?
>
> 2. Is there a way to start up a single node in memory HBase server
> programatically? I want to do it from a JUnit class to use it from
> within some tests. Where can I find some sample code in this regard?

I can't offer any insight on the first, but I encountered the same issues as you in the second.
In the end there wasn't anyway to bring a HBase instance up I felt was fast enough to be useful
in tests.

I went with mock objects, which is probably better anyway since you shouldn't really need
to test the HBase code in your unit tests.

I mocked HTable in my tests and just made sure I was putting what I expected for writes and
returned what I expected HBase to return for reads.

Andrew