hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Sharma, Avani" <agsha...@ebay.com>
Subject regionserver skew
Date Sat, 28 Aug 2010 01:28:51 GMT
I have a few questions related to reading from hbase -

1.       How can I detect a regionserver skew. In other words, one regionserver is being hit
more than the others ?

When I look at the master log, it states
"org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ServerManager: 3 region servers, 0 dead, average load 23.666666666666668"

Does that mean that the load is balanced? And in case it is not, do I need to redesign or
reload my Hbase table ?  any other options ?

2.       Is it okay to have stargate running on more than one node in the cluster? I am using
stargate and libcurl to read from Hbase and to speed this up, may be hitting different stargate
servers could help ? Any cons to this?

3.       Is there a way I can get more than one version of a row via stargate ?  I tried the
url with "?v=2" in the end, but it did not work.

Thanks,
Avani Sharma