hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Sharma, Avani" <agsha...@ebay.com>
Subject improving random read performance
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 00:53:22 GMT

I am currently running under Hbasev0.20.3. I increased the block cache to .4 from .2. The
heap size is 2GB.
The default regionserver handler count is 25 in hbase-default.xml. Will try LZO compression.

What are other performance tunings I can do ?
In particular, will applying HBASE-2180 or upgrading to a newer version help ?

Another thing I notice is that the performance via stargate vs Java api is comparable for
random reads.I thought stargate would have some latency. Is this expected?
Thanks,
Avani