hbase-user mailing list archives

From Han Liu <ha...@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: Server-side write buffer configuration
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 05:42:14 GMT
Hi J-D,

Can you explain a bit more about multiple JVMs´╝č For example how to use it in the case of
HBase clients? Or maybe point me to a reference on such topics since I am not really an expert
on Java. :p

Thanks again for your reply.

Han

On Aug 9, 2010, at 4:13 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans wrote:

>> I see. 0.89 is the still a developer release and I hear that it is not stable. But
it sounds really tempting because it boosts performance by a lot. Can I trust it if my final
goal is to insert about 100TB of data? What could be the possible issues? Also when shall
I expect to see a stable release?

> The problem will be your 6 machines, not the software. And if you need
> to insert that much data, please use the bulk uploader as it will be
> much faster: http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.89.20100621/bulk-loads.html
>

>> So in order to do multiple-client insertion I basically just need to create multiple
HTable objects to handle the insertions? Do I need to do multi-threading manually?

--
Han Liu
SCS & HCI Institute