hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jamie Cockrill <jamie.cockr...@gmail.com>
Subject Regionserver tanked, can't seem to get master back up fully
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 13:16:19 GMT
Hi All,

I set off a long-running loading job over the weekend and it seems to
have rather destroyed my hbase cluster. Most of the nodes were down
this morning and upon restarting them, I'm now persistently getting
the following message every few ms in the master logs:

DfsClient: Could not complete file
/hbase/.logs/compute17.cluster1.lan,60020,1280518716613/a filename

That file is a zero-byte file on the HDFS. The data-nodes all look
fine and don't seem to have had any trouble. I'm not especially fussed
about having to rebuild that table and reload it, but the trouble is
now that I can't start the cluster properly so I can drop the table.

Does anyone know how I can remove the table/fix these errors manually.
As I said, I'm not fussed about data-loss.

thanks

Jamie