hbase-user mailing list archives

From Evert Arckens <ev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Update 2 versions of a cell : same issue as HBASE-1485 ?
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:18:15 GMT
Hi,

I have a scenario of which I'm not sure if it is just another example of
issue HBASE-1485, or if it is another but related issue :

Write 3 cells of a column, at timestamp 1, 2 and 3.
Then update the cells at timestamp 1 and 2 (more or less at the same
moment).

Result is that the update of the cell at timestamp 1 gets lost.
If I would perform a major compaction between both updates, the update on
timestamp 1 wouldn't get lost.

The reason I'm not sure if it is exactly the same issue as HBASE-1485 is
because that one just talks about updates on 1 cell, not on a combination
updates on 2 cells at different timestamps.

Regards,
Evert Arckens.