hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Kovyrin <ale...@kovyrin.net>
Subject Re: Taking advantage of multiple networks
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:48:51 GMT
Not sure about hadoop support, but OS-level (or maybe even network
card level) port bonding looks like the way to go.

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Buttler, David <buttler1@llnl.gov> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a small hbase cluster that I have recently filled with about 500M records (some
of them quite large).  One of the things that I notice when I do different types of map /
reduce jobs over my table is that the network becomes a bottleneck.  Currently I am running
single gig Ethernet on this cluster, but it has 4 network ports.

> My question is this: is it possible to set up hadoop/hbase to take advantage of multiple
networks connecting the computers?

--
Alexey Kovyrin
http://kovyrin.net/