hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gary Helmling <ghelml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can not find symbol class BatchUpdate - Cloudera Hbase
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:30:16 GMT
BatchUpdate was part of the old 0.19 client API.  The client API was
completely rewritten with the 0.20 release (see
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client), and BatchUpdate was deprecated.

If you're using Cloudera's CDH3 (which I assume since that includes HBase),
it includes HBase based off the 0.89 release series, which removes the
deprecated BatchUpdate class.  You'll need to port over any of your client
code to use the new Get, Put, and Delete classes.